A post on the process of buying a house is forthcoming, as is one containing info about our move and some pics of the new place. In the meantime, I’m looking back at the year in terms of albums, movies, tv, and things of the like, and I’m also going to blog a few things that have been sitting in my “To Blog” folder in Firefox for a while now.
Quick life things:
- Today I finally received my officially official permanent contract in the mail. Once that puppy’s signed, I’m set for life. A bit anti-climatic, since I’ve known since June that I was going to permanent, but nice nontheless.
- I am directing the musical at my school again this year. We have chosen to do “Godspell,” and it’s shaping up to be an awesome show. I’ve got a great production team this time around, and I’m really excited to get started.
- I am also taking a small group of kids on a trip to New York over March Break. We’ll be seeing most of the major attractions, attending two Broadway shows, doing some shopping, and generally enjoying the heck out of the Big Apple, while taking lots of pictures and video. Also, my trip is free! :)
- Since I have a nice little “music room” in our new place, I’ve decided to take on some guitar students. A few have pre-paid for some lessons for Christmas presents, so it’s a nice chunk of change to throw on the VISA and help whittle it down.
- I’m pretty much done my Christmas shopping, which is awesome. I have a few small things to get for Secret Santa at work, and a few other things to pick up for some folks, but I’d say I’m/we’re over 90% done. Christmas can’t come soon enough!
- Anthony and I are going to lay down some tracks this weekend. We have nearly a dozen songs on the go, and I’m digging them all. Looking forward to seeing how they evolve as we record them and recruit some other folks to play with us. Feels good to finally be making music again. It’s been too long!
That’s it for now. Back soon…